Are you looking for some motivational quotes regarding the high road ?
We’ve compiled the best collection of high road quotes, sayings, messages, and captions for Instagram (along with images and pictures) to motivate you to take the high road and rise above bad feelings and emotions.
Take the High Road The expression refers to adopting a morally better stance toward something.
There will be numerous instances throughout your life that will prompt you to be vindictive or seek revenge.
However, it is always prudent to uphold high values and principles and to act morally. Taking the high road may appear difficult at first, but it is the proper course of action.
These quotations about the high road can inspire you to take the high road and be a bigger person.
Avoid succumbing to your wrath, ego, or insults and leave the situation with self-respect.
Not to mention our collection of rise above quotes, which will empower you to let go and act with bravery and courage.
Quotes about the High Road
41. “When someone is rude, keep a smile on your face. When you stay on the high road and keep your joy, you take away their power.” ― Joel Osteen
42. “Take the high road. No matter how much strife, and consternation, frustration and anger you might be confronted with – don’t go to that level.” ― Tim Gunn
43. “People can dislike you without a cause. These are tests you have to pass. Stay on the high road. They don’t control your destiny.” ― Joel Osteen
44. “If you ever get a chance to treat them the way they treated you, no matter how painful it was, I hope that you choose to walk away and do better.” ― Najwa Zebian
45. “Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances.” ― Thomas Jefferson
46. “All my life I have been taught to take the high road and never to dignify salacious or false accusations and I have been taught never, never to lie.” ― Paula Abdul
47. “Should you ever find yourself the victim of other people’s bitterness, smallness or insecurities, remember things could be worse… you could be them.”
48. “Taking the high road is hard work – walking uphill requires strength and effort. Anyone can take the low road – walking downhill is easy.” ― Rachel St. John Gilbert
49. “Action is a high road to self-confidence and self-esteem. Where it is open, all energies flow forward it. It comes readily to most people, and its rewards are tangible.” ― Bruce Lee
50. “When faced with senseless drama, spiteful criticisms and misguided opinions, walking away is the best way to stand up for yourself. To respond with anger is an endorsement of their attitude.” ― Dodinsky
51. “Someone who finds excuse to attack your character is extremely jealous of what you possess that they don’t and the more aggressive they are the higher they are validating your worth.”
52. “It took a lot of courage to take the high road, but I would rather be significant with six million people watching a show with meaning, than everyone watching a show with no meaning.” ― Oprah Winfrey
53. “Always take the high road. You may be stepped on and crushed, and even heart broken, but at least you can look yourself in the mirror everyday and say I did the right thing.” ― Ammy
54. “If we insist on a high road to mortality that forbids us to have anything to do with dirty fingers, we won’t get stuff scholars need to understand the background of the Bible.” ― Hershel Shanks
55. “Be respectful to all people, and be respectful in all situations. Do what is right, do what is best, and never accept anything less. Always be yourself, always take the high road, and always show class. Take pride in the way you act.”
56. “Sometimes – this is a tough one – not everyone can handle the truth. Sometimes you have to take the beat. But if you can take the beat, and take the high road, it’ll serve you in the long run.” ― Jeremy Piven
57. “Every battle you come across is not a battle you’re supposed to fight… Don’t engage in conflicts that aren’t worth your time. There are some people who are always looking for a fight. Stay clear of them and if you can’t avoid them, just don’t engage. Many battles are distractions to lure you off course to keep you from being your best. Ignore these distractions. Stay on the high road. It is very liberating once you realize that you don’t have to fight every battle that comes your way.” ― Joel Osteen
58. “Sometimes we have to take the high road and say we’re wrong though in our heart of hearts we know we’re right! When ego is out of the way wonders do happen in our relationship with others!” ― T shezulu
59. “Stay on the high road, you don’t have to convince people to like you, some people can’t handle your success, and if they walk away let them walk, you didn’t need them if they left you, they’re not a part of your destiny, don’t waste your valuable time with people that won’t celebrate the blessings that God put on your life. Don’t apologize for it, don’t try to downplay it. You didn’t choose it, God choose you.” ― Nana Idris
60. “When a toxic person can no longer control you, they will try to control how others see you. The misinformation will feel unfair, but stay above it, trusting that other people will eventually see the truth just like you did.”